3 Year Accreditation Award
CARF has again awarded Centaine a three year accreditation to March 2017 for residential and community inclusion services funded by Community Living B.C. and respite services for children and youth with complex health issues funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
Accreditation status indicates that Centaine has met internationally recognized standards of quality in the provision of outcome driven programs and services to enhance the lives of the people we serve. Accreditation also confirms Centaine has developed an appropriate level of organizational proficiency and reliable mechanisms in operation to continually improve the quality of service we deliver.
The Benefits of Accreditation
Accreditation acknowledges a level of organizational proficiency that is comparable to other organizations accredited by the same accrediting body. It also identifies areas in need of improvement and provides suggestions on how those improvements could be made. Accreditation requires that an organization have numerous management controls in place related to effective and efficient use of available resources in providing services.
Benefits to consumers, clients, and the public
- level of assurance that service quality meets or exceeds industry standard
- able to expect same level of service quality across the province in all accredited service provider organization/programs
- can be confident that there are appropriate protections in place for their privacy, staff competence and supervision, handling of complaints and incidents, physical safety, etc.
- there are mechanisms for accountability to the person served and funder
- know that there is a quality assurance process in place to continually improve services
- know that there is generally an opportunity for them to have input into services (e.g., part of consumer-based planning processes) and can expect to participate in the planning for their own services specifically
Benefits to the organization being surveyed
- confidence that the organization is providing good services and has built-in mechanisms to ensure the organization is continually working to improve its services
- legitimization of its work and the organization itself